I have to admit, I have sort of a "bah, humbug" approach to New Year's resolutions. Traditionally, I tend to make
insane REALISTIC and APPROACHABLE goals, such as...
NO CHOCOLATE FOR ALL OF 2017!
BE PRESENT IN ALL MOMENTS OF EVERY DAY!
CARPE THIS DIEM LIKE CRAZY, BECAUSE THE DAYS ARE LONG BUT THE YEARS ARE SHORT, AND IN FIVE MINUTES MY KIDS WILL BE SULLEN TEENAGERS WHO HATE ME.
KEEP THE ENTIRE HOUSE ORGANIZED. Especially the junk drawer. In fact, the junk drawer is now dead to me, because there is no more junk in our home.
So, this year, I've decided to make resolutions that I actually have a prayer of keeping.
1. I will not panic and start talking really fast when the timer is running out during my snapchats.
2. I will not yell at my children. Between the hours of 1-3pm.
3. I will not have a panic attack if one of my kids says their "tummy hurts." I will not automatically assume this means the stomach bug has invaded and start shoving saltines and ginger ale down their throats.
(Okay. Yes. I totally will. But I will at least TRY to not freak the junk out about the inevitable puking.)
4. I will not feel guilty when I need to sit down and take a mental health break during nap time. And by "mental health break," I obviously mean watch the Housewives and eat chocolate chips.
5. I will not judge myself if I need to use my new espresso machine 3, okay four, OKAY FIVE times a day. There are worse things than caffeine that I could be addicted to. Like, for instance, crack.. #winning.
6. Overall I will be KINDER to myself. I will let myself OFF THE FREAKING HOOK. I will let other people off the hook too.
7. I will not wear mom jeans.
Now THAT I know I can do.
Until next time,