beauty faves (which I may or may not know how to use)
In my 20's, I'd prance around makeup-less and dewy skinned, and be all LOOK HOW MUCH COLLAGEN MY SKIN IS PRODUCING. (jk, I didn't even know the word collagen back then. Because I didn't have to.) And despite being often without makeup in my current life (rocking skin that is NOT in it's 20's), I've realized that I'm past the point of fresh-faced Sherri who doesn't need makeup, and firmly in the "aw honey, go put some concealer on, mkay" phase of life.
With that said, I thought I'd share a few of my beauty faves that are critical in hiding eye bags that JUST WON'T QUIT. Disclaimer: you should understand that I barely know how to use these items, and am in NO WAY a beauty expert. Just ask my blogger friend, Jennifer of Jenny Sue Makeup, with whom I had the following text conversation:
Me : Oh look! I found a concealer brush!
Jennifer : Um, Sherri. That's an eye shadow brush. Do NOT use it for concealer unless you want to look cray.
Me: *nervously laughs while trying to quickly rub off my weird concealer application.
Anyway, just trust me that these products are amazing. Because if someone who has the makeup experience of a toddler can use them, then you can too.
1. Beautycounter Eye Palette : I just love fun eye palettes. I'll end up using approximately 2 of the colors, but just knowing that I COULD throw out a fun blue eye shadow makes me feel a lil sassy.
2. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concealer : I would just like to thank my genes for the massive undereye circles and bags that I have been given. You really shouldn't have, NO REALLY.
3. Intellishade Tinted Moisturizer with SPF : Supposedly this stuff is INTELLIGENT and can adapt to whatever my current skin color happens to be. Unlike my spray tans. AHEM.
4. dior skin airflash spray foundation : there's just something about airbrushing my makeup onto my face, that makes me feel fancy and like I know what I'm doing.
5. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer : This, y'all. THIS is my holy grail of makeup. It's supposed to "blur flaws" and I am HERE FOR THAT. My flaws need all the help they can get.
6. Beautycounter lipstick : admittedly, I'm not super big on wearing lipstick. But sometimes a girl just has to TURN UP. And this beautycounter lipstick is my absolute fave. Plus it's pretty. And if you think I wouldn't buy something just for the pretty packaging, then you clearly do not know me at all.
Those are my faves, so what are yours?? Let me know. And then maybe teach me how to use them.
Until next time,