friday faves : birthday edition
Disclaimer : You know what's my FAVORITEST thing about this edition of Friday Faves?
The way we are all gonna pretend that I posted it while it was STILL FRIDAY. #pleaseandthankyou
On John : Blah, blah, blah, guy fashion is BORING.
On Sherri : This jumpsuit which is LEGIT the most flattering thing I own. If you value things like looking hella cute this summer, then you need this in your life.
We are celebrating a super important birthday in our house this weekend. And I'll give you a hint. He's turning a number that rhymes with schmorty.
(Also, hi John? For the record, you are significantly older than me. You're basically robbing the cradle, to be honest. And I plan to remind you of this for the next 2.5 years. mkaythanks.)
So, in honor of Friday Faves AND in honor of Mr. Schmorty, I give you my personal top 5 FAVORITE things about John. And if you were hoping for a list of FORTY things that I love about him for his FORTIETH birthday, well you are hoping up the wrong tree. In reality there are far more than 40 things to love about John, but imma need to be busy celebrating him and not writing a mushy list that makes y'all wanna barf.
(P.S. this is meant to be fun and not all serious. So I'm not gonna talk about how he's all Jesus-y, and the worlds best dad, and takes care of us so well....because, well, that's too sappy, and I am not here for sappy. Plus, I don't need to state the obvious, now do I?)
1. His sense of humor. He's been making me laugh for 15 years y'all. And he knows just what to say to keep things from getting too serious. Which leads me to my next one....
2. His emotional stability. Because ONE OF US can be slightly UNSTABLE, and she may or may not really need someone to tell her to calm down every once and awhile.
(Just kidding. No woman ever wants to be told to calm down, duh.)
3. He know stuff. Like just KNOWS which snake is deadliest. Or what's the fastest animal in the world. Don't play trivia with him y'all. Unless he's on your team.
4. He is always up for a good time, and often reminds me that there is life outside of sweatpants and netflix. I need that.
5. I know I said I wasn't going to state the obvious, but HIS LOOKS Y'ALL. Yep. Hi, it's Superficial Sherri waving from wayyyyy over on the 30's side of 40. Darn, if he doesn't get better with age. It's both attractive and insanely frustrating. I might have to start feeding him Kalteen bars.
If you follow me on Instagram, you know we've been basically celebrating this milestone birthday all of April. And as John so aptly pointed out, he'd better remember this when I turn that number that rhymes with schmorty.
(See? He just knows stuff.)
Until next time,